As a RESA® Member I agree to the following:
- To always conduct myself as a professional with integrity, sincerity and sensitivity.
- To ensure my employees and business associates conduct themselves in the same manner.
- To treat my clients and colleagues with respect.
- To refrain from making unsolicited comments, verbally or in writing about other stagers, clients,customers or real estate agents.
- To refrain from revealing any confidential information about my clients, colleagues and other stagers.
- To fulfill my commitments.
- To never commit to a project that I am not able to fulfill.
- To fully educate my clients on the process of staging, fees, and all recommendations to properly stage their home or listing prior to any work being started.
- To never display disrespect for any staging professional. We are a diverse society of stagers all designations and backgrounds.
- To maintain and improve the standards of the home staging industry.
- To become and remain informed on issues affecting home staging.
- To keep my profile, website and blog professional and positive.
- To resolve conflicts with professionalism and appropriateness.
- To mentor and educate other stagers to the best of my ability.
- To never use stock photos or photos that are not my original work in my portfolio or gallery EVER. Stock photos for use on a website outside of the portfolio or gallery are strongly discouraged. If a RESA® member does use stock photos on their site a disclaimer will be required in the footer of their website in no less than 10 font size stating: “Site contains some stock photos. All photos in portfolio are stager’s work.”
- To use only my original written material in all electronic and print media including my website and blog. National or international statistics, charts and reports not written by the stager should be labeled as such.
- RESA-PRO® designees agree to not use ANY STOCK PHOTOS on their website or in their marketing materials.
I understand that plagiarism (written word) and copyright infringement (photographs, logos) will
not be tolerated and are cause for losing my membership to RESA. RESA is a support organization that will give me the platform to further my business through membership, the RESA Directory and networking volunteerism.
As a RESA member, I agree to abide by the code of ethics as stated above.